Terms and Conditions Policy
Please see below our Terms and Conditions and we advise you to read the following information carefully prior to any purchase:
The following terms and conditions comply with: THE CONSUMER PROTECTION (DISTANCE SELLING) REGULATIONS 2000 E-COMMERCE REGULATIONS 2002
Electric Bike Supermarket's Terms and Conditions:
General Conditions of Sale
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- Orders can be accepted from clients throughout the world. Outside the UK additional carriage charges will apply.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to refuse to supply goods you order.
- By placing your order online with us you agree to buy the goods at the price stated subject to our terms and conditions.
- Payment is accepted by Klarna, Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, BACS, CHAPS or cheque and must be received prior to delivery of goods. Accounts are available for certain businesses, government bodies and educational establishments. Please call to enquire: T&C’s apply. If we do not have stock or cannot fulfil your purchase. We will contact you immediately with an alternative offering or to confirm your details have been destroyed.
- All products remain the property of the Electric Bike Supermarket until payment has been received in full.
- All prices include VAT. Electric Bike Supermarket reserves the right to change prices at any time and without notice. All goods are subject to availability. If we do not supply the goods we will refund any money already paid or will contact you as per above. We will not be liable for compensation or damages if we do not supply the goods.
- The price for the goods will be stipulated at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our suppliers’ price or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods on our website is incorrect. We do our best to ensure our pricing is as up to date as possible, however, if there is an oversight we will inform you of the correct price and give you the option to cancel your order.
- We only accept payments from UK registered cards. Cleared funds are necessary for clients outside the UK.
- Carriage charges may apply for items purchased on this site. Any order below £100 will incur a £10 carriage charge. Orders over £100 will generally be dispatched for free.
- Next day delivery 1-2 days is available at an extra cost depending on weight, no guarantees are given for next day delivery. Please contact us to discuss priority shipping arrangements if a delivery is urgent. Most of our deliveries, however they can take up to 5 days as standard.
- If an item is not available for immediate dispatch we will inform you and give you the option to wait until stock becomes available, choose a replacement product or cancel your order.
- If items are damaged in transit, faulty on arrival or incorrectly shipped you must inform us in writing within 3 working days of receipt of delivery. See returns procedure below.
- For personal orders we can only deliver to the address at which the card is registered. For business orders, even when paid on personal credit cards, we can deliver to the business address, or any address as long as we are making the invoice out to the relevant business.
- Motorcycles and E-Bikes can be collected in person or can be delivered and a charge will be made depending on postcode or mileage.
- If you find a product on a competitor’s website or in a competitor’s store cheaper than the same product on our website then we will not only match the price but we will beat it. The product must be current and available for general sale within the UK.
- The product must be in stock with the competitor and available for immediate dispatch to the public.
- We will only offer our Price Promise on the overall price including VAT and delivery charges (total delivered price).
- Offer does not apply to special order items, special offers, cash-backs, display models, clearance sales, reconditioned products, pricing errors and exclusive offers or limited quantity items.
- Offer only applies to brand new products, originating from the UK.
- Should a competitor’s price be a loss leader, or quoted by a competitor with the sole purpose of challenging the Price Promise (i.e. is being quoted at an un-commercial rate) then we reserve the right to refuse to beat the price.
- We reserve the right to ask for written proof of a competitor’s offer before we beat the price.
- We will only offer our price promise to customers once we have checked all applications. If we are satisfied with your application you will receive a price promise reduction. All price promises will be made at the Volts discretion and we can never guarantee a Price Promise.
- The price promise cannot be used in conjunction with any other Electric Bike Supermarket offer.
- To apply for the Price Promise call our sales team. The Price Promise is only valid at the time of placing your order and must have been agreed prior to you placing your order with us.
Suitability of Goods
- We do not warrant the suitability of goods for a particular purpose, and you should check specifications and suitability before ordering.
- Goods are not sold on a trial basis.
- As a result of continuing product development the specification or design of goods may vary.
- We are not liable for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss, financial loss, loss of profits or loss of use) arising from the supply of goods or their use.
- Parts and accessories manufactured by 3rd parties. Any parts pre-fitted on bikes, or purchased independently, including but not limited to e-bike batteries, gears, brakes and motors are supported directly by the relevant part manufacturers Any such liabilities relating to these items are their responsibility.
- All new Electric Bike Supermarket products come with a manufacturer's warranty as standard and may vary between manufacturer's. Ex-demo or ex-display stock will be offered with a reduced time warranty which will be specified at the point of sale. All Electric Bike Supermarket warranties are non transferable and are thus only applicable to the person named on the receipt at the point of sale. The Electric Bike Supermarket warranty covers the frame, motor, battery and both mechanical and electrical components. The Electric Bike Supermarket warranty is return to base. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation to and from our service centre. We will repair free of charge anything deemed to be covered under the warranty.
- The Electric Bike Supermarket warranty excludes damage or defects under the following circumstances:
- Abnormal use, lack of maintenance, accidental damage, prolonged exposure to moisture or liquid. Also non-compliance with guidelines for maintenance and servicing as stated in the Electric Bike Supermarket information that is supplied with each bike.
- Damage caused by incorrect maintenance.
- External factors such as electric shocks, lightning storms, current surges, short circuits, etc.
- Damage caused by excess exposure to the elements e.g. rust caused by not storing the bike in dry conditions.
- Modification of electrical components or any modifications e.g. additions not included when purchased.
- Damage caused by the addition of paint, varnish and bike graphics.
- Wear and tear through normal usage of parts such as tyres, brake pads, brake cables, spokes, handle bar grips etc.
- Servicing Your Electric Motor Cycle, Electric Bike or Scooter
- It is vital that you regularly service your product supplied by Electric Bike Supermarket or your warranty will be compromised. Your first service should be around 200KM just to check the product over including spokes, brake cables, gear cables and lubricate the chain. Then after this you should service your product should be serviced annually or at 800-1000KM intervals.
- Electric Bike Supermarket products are provided with warranties with regard to batteries and mechanical and electrical components. This warranty does not include the misuse such as that which deviates from the instructions given in the operation manuals. This includes but not exclusively, dropping the bike on to the handlebars, resulting in broken brakes or gears shifters, broken lights, worn brakes, punctured tyres, etc.
- The warranty also does not include damage to the battery if the manufacturer’s guidelines for charging, discharging and storing the battery are not adhered to.
- All bike accessories are warranted by the manufacturer for 12 months unless stated otherwise.
- If a product develops a fault within the warranty period the fault should be reported to the relevant manufacturer, who will then either replace the goods directly or carry out repair under the terms of your warranty.
- The warranty for Electric Bike Supermarket is return your product to base. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation to and from our service centre. We will repair free of charge anything deemed to be covered under the warranty.
- We will only accept the return of faulty goods within 14 days of you receiving them.
- If within 14 days of purchase you believe a product to be faulty you must call our customer services department within this period and you must also confirm your issue in writing, either by email or letter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to refer you to the product’s manufacturer to confirm whether goods are faulty.
- We generally require a manufactures valid “fault ref number” in order to authorise the return of faulty goods.
- Once an item has been confirmed as faulty by the manufacturer we will arrange for the collection of the goods and will replace them directly for you or refund your credit or debit card for you.
- Items returned that are found to be in full working order will be returned to you and cost of re-delivery charged to you. We reserve the right to charge a 20% handling fee should the goods be in full working order.
- Goods thought to be faulty after 14 days from purchase will be dealt with under the terms of the relevant manufacturer’s warranty.
Refunds & Returns
- Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel their order for a limited time even if the goods are not faulty.
- Refunds will be issued within 14 days from the date item is received and made by the same method you used for payment, subject to deduction of any applicable:
- (a) return delivery costs (in accordance with the least expensive delivery method we offer for that product); and
- (b) reduction in value of the product caused by you have done something to the product in a manner not permitted in a shop (whether the same is discovered on immediate or latent inspection).
- No refund will be issued unless and until the relevant products are returned to us.
- We are under a legal duty to supply products that conform to their description, are fit for purpose and are of satisfactory quality. As a result, you may also:
- (a) receive a full refund if your goods are faulty and you notify us within 30 days of delivery;
- (b) receive a full refund where your goods cannot be repaired or replaced within six months; and
- (c) some of your money back if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time up to six years from the date of purchase.
- Nothing in these terms will alter or affect your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (where you deal with us as a consumer).
Terms and Conditions are correct at time of publishing but we reserve the right to make changes where necessary.
Electric Bike Supermarket Ltd
Electric Bike Supermarket
Padeswood Road South
Company Reg No: 12228080
VAT No: GB359478933